Being a new mum is a wonderful feeling. It’s also a time when you may be feeling tired – especially if you’re not getting a good night’s sleep.
So here are some things you can do to help boost your energy levels and stay happy and healthy during those first few precious months:
- Have a healthy diet and never skip meals. Forget dieting until you’ve stopped breast feeding
- When your baby sleeps, don’t do the housework! Take a nap yourself
- Boost your energy levels with some gentle, regular exercise
- Ensure you are taking in the recommended daily doses of vitamins and minerals
- Speak to your doctor, midwife or health visitor if you feel depressed
- Ask for help from family and friends if you’re feeling under pressure
- Involve your partner as much as possible – so they don’t feel left out
This article is for general information only and not intended as a substitute for medical advice. All information presented on these web pages is not meant to diagnose or prescribe. In all health related matters, always consult your healthcare professional.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Incorrect use could be harmful. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.